Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Dexter Blood Spatter Nails


Awesome for Halloween or to celebrate the Dexter season premier that aired last night on Showtime, these DIY blood spatter nails are on my list as my next nail art project.  All you need is a straw, some red and white nail polish, and tape (only if you don't want red polish blown all over your fingers).  Check out the full tutorial at Refinery29.



So here's how mine actually turned out when I did them:

Honestly, when I first saw the tutorial, I wasn't 100% positive about doing it to my own nails, but now that I have, every time I look at my nails I get a Halloween boner.  The tutorial worked perfectly, too.  I used a slightly thinner straw (almost a coffee stirrer), and I think it made more detailed splatters.  I used the tape, and I'm glad I did.  The tape didn't take nearly as long as I initially feared, and it definitely helped with some of the mess that would have been on my fingers.  The tape didn't stop all the nail polish from getting on my skin, but a qtip dipped in polish remover got rid of it easily.  Overall, I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment